The Art of the Cocktail - 2022 ONLINE Event with Scott Harris
Catoctin Creek is proud to present, our EIGHTH year of this six-part educational series on the history and the art of the cocktail. We are continuing the tradition of this being an online class for two good reasons: (1) The online class was introduced during COVID, but worked really well, including our ability to reach a national audience, and (2) with four drinks per person, doing this one from home seems better. Here are the logistics of the online class format:
- Just $15 per person to sign up.
- Each week before the class, we will give you a shopping list of items to purchase, including our spirits. All of our spirits and much of the mixers will be available for purchase on our website for pickup or delivery.
- The day of the class, I will email you a ZOOM link for the class.
- Then, comfortably ensconced in your home, you can follow along with your ingredients and equipment. Keep your camera on so I can see your faces, and feel free to ASK QUESTIONS! I still want this to be an interactive experience!
- We did this online class three times last year during the COVID pandemic, and it worked out really well. We had lots of people mention that they really enjoyed the escape for an hour or two each Friday evening, and it had even become like a date night for them. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
Starting on Friday, January 7th, 2022, Scott Harris, founder and distiller at Catoctin Creek, will appear online via Zoom every Friday for this six-week series. Beginning at 7pm, Scott will personally guide you through the history and construction of several cocktails, including the old classics, and modern takes on the cocktail! Bottles will be available for sale on our ONLINE SHOP so you can get what you need for the workshops.
In this series, I will be reprising the history of the cocktail from 1806 to modern times! We will learn a lot about whisky, gin, vermouth, bitters, and the colorful characters behind the bar (like Jerry Thomas, Orasmus Wilson, and many more).
Here is the schedule for the series:
- January 7 - The Old Fashioned
- January 14 - Early Gin Cocktails
- January 21 - Vermouth Cocktails
- January 28 - New Orleans Cocktails
- February 4 - Early American Cocktails
- February 11 - Toddies and Other Warm Cocktails
Ingredients will be easy to obtain, and the lessons will be fun as ever. This will be via Zoom, so I still expect lots of interaction and questions and good times. It's a drinks class, after all! As I mention in many of my classes, this class will be equal parts, cocktail how-to, education, and fun.
Tickets are ONLY $15 per person for the lessons, which leaves you room to purchase the ingredients. You can purchase our spirits in our online store.
If you don't know anything about cocktails, you'll love this class. If you're already an expert, come and enjoy some casual conversation and a few drinks.
$15 per person
GET IN ON THE FUN!